Fact: “In the first year of driving, one driver in five is involved in an accident”
Pass Plus is a training course specifically aimed at new drivers, designed by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) with the help of insurers and the driving instruction industry.
Pass Plus will benefit you by:
• Enabling you to gain quality driving experience safely
• Helping you to become a more skillful driver
• Teaching you how to develop a Positive Driving style
• Reduce your risk of being involved in a road crash
• Saving you money on your car insurance premiums
Pass Plus is more than just a few extra driving lessons. As well as gaining further experience under expert supervision, you’ll be taught how to deal with situations you may not have faced before such as:
• driving in town or city centres
• driving in fog, rain, snow and ice
• driving on rural roads
• driving at night
• driving on dual carriageways
• driving on motorways
Anyone who holds a full UK licence is eligible to take part in the scheme. You will not have to take a test at the end of the course but you will be continually assessed. You must successfully complete all the modules in the course to an achieved or exceeded standard.
When you successfully complete PASS PLUS you will usually qualify for a substantial discount on your motor insurance policy. Motor insurers who support the scheme offer discounts on:
• Fully Comprehensive
• Third party fire and theft
• Third party insurance policies.